(Originally published March 13, 2015)
It’s been a little while since I did any posts, so I guess I have some catching up to do!
Most recently, I did a commission piece for my old friend, Don Miguel. He’s constructing a new Elizabethan outfit and wanted a little something to add to the garment–something hand made by a friend is always better than factory made by a stranger.
This is a 2 yard piece and I hope to get it to him soon!
After finishing up a couple quilt projects and helping the middle kid with Girl Scout cookie sales, I started this very tiny, delicate trim from Applesies and Fox Noses. This one is called “Bee Feet” and will be 4 yards long when complete. It’s made from size 10 perle cotton–the kind you can get by the spool at any craft store (Michael’s, Joann’s, etc.). I ended up using 2 spools of each color for the 16 cards. The weaving itself is only 1/2″ wide, is very silky and flexible. This will be great for trim for a tunic.
I have a great desire to work on some beads or some spinning on my new wheel…and of course, I’m laid up with an infection on my leg. I’m supposed to keep my leg elevated and I’m taking some serious antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, and it’s difficult to do any kind of arts with my feet up. Knitting…but I’m not really feeling like knitting, and keeping a pattern nearby…never mind. I’ll blog and check Facebook.
Hopefully I’ll be back to normal in a few days.